The Butterfly Project:
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen or sharpie and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you don’t cut, it lives.
5.If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are EXTRA special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyway, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.